Athletics are an essential part of the DSST educational experience and are a central component to the school’s mission. The DSST athletic program emphasizes solid core values, sportsmanship and commitment to excellence. Membership on a team comes with the obligation to attend and work hard at practices and to put forth a high degree of effort in game situations. The level of commitment required rightly increases as the level of competition increases.
Goals of the DSST Byers Athletic Department
- To foster academic and athletic achievement in students by emphasizing the importance of self-discipline, sacrifice and dedication to achieving goals.
- To field competitive teams, but not at the cost of academic excellence or demonstration of DSST Core Values.
- To provide students the opportunity to pursue athletics as a means of overall well-being.
- To develop in students both their sport skills and pride in their school.
- Cross Country (MS and HS)
- Volleyball (MS and HS)
- Boys' Soccer (MS and HS)
- Competition Cheerleading (HS)
- Boys' and Girls' Basketball (MS and HS)
- Cheerleading (HS and MS)
- Girls' Soccer (MS and HS)
- Co - Ed Flag Football (MS Only)
- Boys Volleyball (HS Only)
- NON - CHSAA
Requirements for Participation
- Updated DPS Physical Form (see below)
- Pay Athletic Fee:
- $25 for Middle School
- $75 for High School.
- By earning (and keeping) a minimum grade of a C (70) or better in all but ONE class.